Two Rivers Trust Co. ® 744 Horizon Court Suite #350, Grand Junction, CO 81506
What is an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust?
An Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT) is a non-amendable trust, which is both owner and beneficiary of one or more life insurance policies.
- Provides immediate cash to pay estate taxes and other expenses after death
- Reduces estate taxes by removing insurance from your estate
- Inexpensive way to pay estate taxes
- Proceeds avoid probate and are free from income and estate taxes
- Gives you maximum control over insurance policies and how proceeds are used
- Can provide income to spouse with insurance proceeds being included in spouse's estate
- Prevents court from controlling insurance proceeds if beneficiary is incapacitated
Two Rivers Trust Co. provides comprehensive estate planning services to excute the grantor's intent while minimizing potential estate taxes by serving as trustee of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT).